In this article, we have reviewed the . If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot. Or you can scroll down for detailed product reviews.
Sitting on a computer chair is an integral part of our work. Whether you are working from you office or you are lucky to have a home office, you will spend anywhere between 6-8 hours sitting on an average work day.
So if you are spending a third of your working life, sitting, it is obvious that you need to have the right posture. And having the right posture means using the correct ergonomic chair, having your desk at the right height and using an appropriate footrest.
According to the German Institute of Standardization, a footrest should be able to adjust between 5 to 15 degrees (DIN4556). An under desk footrest helps improve blood circulation in the legs and prevents blood clots or deep vein thrombosis.
An under desk footrests costs between $40-$80 but can be really handy for someone spending long hours sitting on a computer chair. So without further ado, let us look at the best footrests for a computer desk.
Reviews of the Best Footrests for Computer Desk
#1. Kensington SoleMate Adjustable Footrest
In our opinion, Kensington SoleMate Adjustable Footrest is the best under desk footrest available.
This is done by a foot pedal at the base that doesn’t let you bend down to do it manually.
The angle is adjusted by a flick of foot operated the lock. You get memory foam at the base that maximises comfort with its smooth nature.
The base has a white color, and the top is black. Finally, the footrest is backed by 1 year warranty that removes the concern of the user regarding replacement of the footrest if non-functional.
- Foot rest with luxurious memory foam soothes tired legs and feet
- Convenient foot pedal control lets you adjust the foot rest without leaving your chair
- Height adjusts from 3.5 to 5 Inches, angle adjusts up to 30 degrees for individual comfort
- Set up the product quickly and easily by using the SmartFit System and your own personal comfort color
- Non-skid foot surface provides added control
#2. Cozy Products
Our next product is very interesting. It combines a footrest with a heater!
This marvel is brought by Cozy Products that provide an energy efficient design that is money and energy saver.
Talking about its heating feature, a power of 105 watts keeps your feet warm. Get rid of sore feet by placing it on this footrest by heating it.
You get 3 adjustable settings that help you in controlling the amount of heat your feet receive.
There is a LED light on the top which indicates whether the heating feature is ON and OFF.
The footrest comes in a cardboard box along with a wire and plug.
- Combines an ergonomic foot rest with a money-saving 105 watt heater
- 3 adjustable positions to accommodate sitting and standing positions
- Adjustable heat settings for maximum comfort and control
- Energy-efficient design saves money, energy, and keeps spaces warm
- Attractive design perfect for use in modern offices
#3. Kantek Premium Adjustable Footrest
At the third spot on our list of the best footrests for a computer desk, we have Adjustable Footrest by Kantek.
Started in 1982, Kantek has been serving its customers for almost 40 years now.
Your legs get a much-needed support at the base with the 3 adjustable options of the footrest.
There are 3 adjustment options at the base which function very smoothly and quietly. You get a lever that sets up these levels which is very handy and visible.
Weighing 5.6 pounds, moving this footrest is as easy as dragging the mouse.
Looking at its top half, you get a series of rollers and bumps uniformly spread over the surface.
The footrest is recommended not just for the office employees but also to those hardworking housewives who stand all day long on hardwood flooring.
A few minutes of feet movement over these rollers will rejuvenate your sore heels. The added rocking motion keeps your feet joints active at the same time.
- Ergonomic design supports your legs at the most comfortable height and tilt
- Easily adjusts to three height positions
- Simple foot action adjusts tilt
- Adjusts smoothly and quietly
- Platform rollers and surface bumps massage feet and improve circulation
#4. Fellowes Standard Foot Rest
Sitting for long hours make you feel the need for some massage at the back.
In the desire for that, you try to find the most comfortable position and end up in throwing down your buttocks off the seat with legs completely on the ground.
If your body is craving to touch its feet then, it’s your mistake if you are stopping it.
You get a textured surface on the top of the footrest that gives a foot massage for relief from leg strains and feet ache.
The footrest gives them the much-needed support to your hanging feet, completing the entire blood circulation cycle right from your brain till the feet.
You get 2 adjustment settings for height adjustment with the tilting platform enhancing your comfort zone.
Stress reduction and massage is given simultaneously by the textured surface of the footrest.
Who won’t like an eco-friendly footrest that takes complete care of your lower body freeing you away from major pains?
- Fellowes Standard Footrest offers dual-position height adjustment with a free-floating platform that lets you stretch your legs for increased circulation
- A textured surface massages the soles of your feet for stress reduction
- Two-position height adjustment with tilting platform allows for optimum comfort
This all in one footrest gives you leg support and massage at the same time. Get some foot-relieving massage experience from the platform of the footrest that houses circular pebbles and bulging curves.
The pebbles press all the 9 pressure points under your feet reducing the soar. The bulging curves offer the grip even with your shoes on.
Coming in black color, the footrest adopts with your office area and home decor.
Achieve your required height and get ergonomic benefits like Posture, circulation, back problems and overall fatigue.
- Ergonomic footrest for home and office; Plant your feet on a firm surface as you work for long period of hours; Prevent fatigue and foot sores throughout the course of your daily work; Compliment your ergonomic chair by enabling proper foot posture
- All-in-one foot stool and foot massage; Rest your legs and get a foot massage at the same time while at work or at home after a long day; Built-in platform rollers and surface bumps massage your feet and help improve circulation
- Easily adjusts to multiple height positions; Ergonomic design that supports your legs at your preferred height and tilt; Elevate your hips over your knees, taking pressure off your lower back and hips
- Helps facilitate healthy working lifestyle; Avoid pooling of the blood in the lower limbs that can lead to varicose veins and muscle atrophy; Beneficial for those who had medical procedures done on their lower limbs; Promotes better posture and body alignment
- Made from durable plastic material that can be used either on carpeted or hardwood floor without scratching or sliding; Lightweight and foldable for easy storage; Dimensions: 3.40 x 18.10 x 14.60 inches (LxWxH) will fit nicely under most desks or tables
#6. Fellowes Compact Foot Rocker
Our next product on the list has some resemblance with a hoverboard. The only difference is that it doesn’t move you from one place to another (on its own).
The Foot rocker from Fellowes features a compact design that keep its workplace minimal.
The foot rocker is available in a black color to match its place in your living room as well as an office area.
Continuous circulation disables the leg fatigue deleting cramps in your thigh muscles.
If you are lazy enough to move your butt up and roam for a while, then Fellowes has a solution for this as well. Just flip it upside down, and now it will become a genuine foot rocker.
Make your feet grip much stronger as the foot rocker has curvy grooves on its top surface that connects your leg with the rocker properly. Just gradually move our legs over the surface to get a quick massaging session for your legs.
And, the rocker on the other hand gives a right amount of rocking motion without changing positions.
- Compact design suits areas with restricted work space
- Ergonomically designed to promote comfort
- Rocking motion helps improve circulation and reduce fatigue
- Flip product over to adjust height – range is 2-3/4" to 4"
- Unique tread design holds foot rocker in place while in use
#7. Kantek Professional Adjustable Footrest
With its daily increase in customers and their contentment level, Kantek is spreading its Legacy over its competitors producing some of the best products regarding cost and quality.
One such product that shines in our list is the Kantek Professional Adjustable Footrest.
Designed to provide maximum comfort to the users, the footrest features height adjustability right from 4 to 7 inches.
Like we have previously seen that all footrest have 3 height adjustment settings, Kantek professional have 4 settings that give an extra edge over the others.
You get small bumps on the platform that gives massage to your feet if done with barefoot.
Weighing 6 pounds, the footrest measures 14 X 18 inches and is 4 inches wide grabbing a minimal space under the desk. A bigger size ensures that the bigger feet have lace on it without worrying about the platform space.
It is available in black color with gray color patches on the sides.
Made precisely for providing comfort to short people, this footrest can also be used while standing when there is an absence of railing under the table.
The footrest gives different angles for your foot placement while rocking motion as an added feature. Rock your legs while working and remove the numbness from the feet. Now, no more slouching and sliding down from your seat as the footrest constantly maintains your posture while sitting relieving from lower back pains, cramps and sciatica pains Packed in a cardboard box, you get an instruction manual to follow all the adjustability settings of the footrest.
- Ergonomic design enhances comfort and relieves strain and muscle fatigue
- Easily adjusts to four height positions
- Foot-adjustable easy-glide platform rocks your feet and adjusts tilt angle
- Adjusts smoothly and quietly
- Large platform with surface bumps to massage tired feet
#8. Kensington Solesaver Adjustable Footrest
Get an improved posture and keep your legs elevated by using the Adjustable Footrest by Kensington.
Bringing some of the innovative and comfortable solutions for home and business purposes, Kensington has introduced this product for the complete improvement of human body right from their legs to sciatica up to the lower back.
Looking at its built quality, the footrest comprises of hard plastic giving better durability than others.
Talking about plastic, the overall weight drops down to 2.9 pounds making it worthy of carrying on travel trips, flights or office as well. Meanwhile, the small size makes it more favorable to be used in several places.
You get 3 adjustable settings for tilting the footrest. The tilting feature gives you options according to your leg lengths.
You get angles like 10 degrees, 15 degrees and 20 degrees so that every individual may adapt accordingly.
Coming in black color, the footrest offers a generous platform of 450 X 350 cm making itself available for feet of every size.
The non-skid base is the highlight of this footrest that doesn’t let you lose your posture as it stays grounded, thanks to the solid non-slip rubber base.
- Keep legs and feet elevated for less strain and fatigue
- Adjustable to also reduce pressure on lower back and alleviate discomfort while sitting
- Improve posture and circulation
- Large non-skid foot surface eliminates slips and enhances overall stability
- Three tilt adjustments of 10°, 15° and 20° ensure a good fit, three tilt choices from 2 1/2" up to 4-1/2" high.
#9. AmazonBasics Foot Rest
Enhance your comfort level using AmazonBasics Footrest that not only aligns your posture but sneaks into every little place under the desk.
Made of durable hard plastic, the footrest is available in black color. The footrest raises your legs giving you a better posture right from your thighs to lower back till the shoulders.
It features grooves on its surface increasing the grip of the user. These grooves are made of circular and horizontal bumps gives a massage feeling.
All you need to do is remove your shoes and move your feet over those grooves. You will get the better massaging feeling when done with a barefoot.
For better adjustment, it features a free-floating platform which tilts back and forth when a slight pressure is applied.
Now you can stretch your legs easily and move them accordingly keeping a uniform blood circulation.
The base of the footrest is equally strong as its design. It stays on ground un-moved keeping you focused on your work.
Weighing 4 pounds, the footrest is easy to carry from place to place. Made for home and office decor, the footrest available in black color gives a user-friendly design that can match your home and office decor.
- Footrest for placement under a desk offers enhanced comfort when working
- Elevates feet and legs when sitting
- Free-floating platform tilts back and forth for leg stretches and increased circulation
- Textured surface creates a massaging effect on soles of bare or socked feet
- Stays securely in place on carpet
#10. Safco Products
Scientists claim that 8 hours of inappropriate sitting posture leads to bad back, poor blood circulation in legs sore neck and constant coccyx pain.
To resolve this Safco Team has worked out and brought a footrest that can be easily placed under the desk and let you rest your feet.
There are 2 variables available in the market: One stands 8-inch high especially for short people and the other at 5-inch high footrest which I recommend to everyone vulnerable to back coccyx and leg pains.
Now, that the footrest is there in place, you can sit much straighter while making your blood circulation better and get rid of numbness in legs. Your shoulders get relaxed easing down the pressure from the back.
The platform comes in black color whereas the rods are a silver colored triangular structure that holds the platform. The triangular structure gives the strength to the platform.
Hence made up of 90% recycled products, it’s a simple, basic footrest following ergonomics and exceeding expectations of the users.
- Eight-inch high adjustable tilt footrest enables repositioning of feet and legs
- Tilt angle slides to any position
- Black with chrome stand
- Over 90% recycled content
Conclusion for Best Footrest for Computer Desk
If you are still with us, we hope that you found this list of the best footrests for a computer desk useful. We hope that with all the information that we have provided, you are able to make your decision and buy a product that works the best for you. If you’d like to know more about ergonomic chairs, you can read our reviews about the best office chairs for sciatica pain and
Frequently Asked Question for Best Footrest Review for Computer Desk -FAQs
- Can these footrests really help me to get rid of the numbness which I often feel in my legs after working for long hours?
Yes, undoubtedly they will help you to get rid of numbness. Many people who need to work for a continuous period of time get numbness in their legs, and that might cause significant problems in the lower spine or back of the body. So to have proper blood circulation in your body, one shall always use these types footrests so that you can get rid of the pains like numbness in legs or sciatica, etc.
- I think I always get lousy sitting posture while working in my office so can any of these footrests will be helpful for me to improve my sitting position?
Yes, I had seen a good change in myself when I started to use one of these footrests while working. I used to have a terrible sitting posture which caused lots of pain in the lower back of the body but since I am using footrest my sitting position now has been changed, and its ergonomic features make me sit more comfortably.
- Is there any durable and right ergonomic footrest for fat people (210 lbs) like me?
Many people are questioning the ability to handle pressure from these footrests, and I can assure you that you can not only place your feet on it but if you want to stand on them while working then you can do that too, and these footrests will operate at the same efficiency. It really doesn’t matter whether you’re a fat person or skinny one when you’re using a footrest because they are very durable in handling the pressure. For example, Kensington solesaver footrest is best when it comes it comes to durability.
- Do all of these footrests offer the heating feature to make our feet calmer?
I’m not sure, but only some of the footrests as mentioned earlier offer such kind of feature. When we’re talking about the heating feature it does reduces the pain in your feet like numbness etc. very quickly, but you shouldn’t use it continuously unless you really require to. So No, not all of the footrests as mentioned above offer that kind of feature.
- Is there anything to worry if I continuously use this footrest while I work?
Nothing to worry about them. When a person is working for many long hours what they are going to face is many pains in their body, and this type of footrests help to reduce those pains. Even if you use this footrest for more than 12 hours in a day or till you finished your work still it will only have a positive impact on your lower part of the body and not any negative one. So don’t get afraid to use it in your daily work.